Ah, Aurora. This beautiful name conjures up images of floating fairies and twinkling stars. It’s a name fit for a princess or a Hollywood starlet. But what about ideas for middle names for Aurora?
Why not give your little girl a super-cute middle name that will make her stand out from the crowd? I’ve scoured the internet to bring you some truly unique and adorable options.
Get ready to swoon over these super-cute middle names for Aurora!
What does Aurora mean for a girl?
Aurora is a stunning girls’ name that sounds like it could be straight out of a fairy tale. But where did this whimsical name come from and what does it mean? Well, dear mummy-to-be, let me enlighten you.
First things first, Aurora is derived from the Latin word “aurora” which means “dawn.” It’s often linked to new beginnings, which is perfect for your bundle of joy.
And in Roman mythology, Aurora was the goddess of the dawn. She was known for driving her chariot across the sky to bring in a new day. Talk about a boss lady!
Aurora is a vintage name for girls, which is finding renewed popularity again thanks to the Disney princess Sleeping Beauty.
What name goes well with Aurora?
There’s lots of cute middle names that go well with the girls’ name Aurora. Here’s just a few to consider before we dive into the ultimate list:
- Aurora Grace – this classic and elegant name combination is perfect for parents who want something timeless and sophisticated.
- Aurora Rose – for those who love floral names, adding Rose as a middle name to Aurora creates a delicate and feminine sound.
- Aurora Faith – Faith is a beautiful virtue name that complements the meaning of Aurora, which means “dawn” or “light.”
- Aurora Belle – Belle means “beautiful” in French, adding it to the end of Aurora gives this already lovely name an extra touch of charm.
- Aurora Joy – Joy is another virtue name that pairs well with the bright and cheerful nature of the name Aurora.
- Aurora Maeve – Maeve is an Irish name that means “intoxicating,” it adds a unique twist to this classic Disney princess name.
- Aurora Celeste – Celeste means “heavenly” in Latin, making it fitting for a child whose first name means light or dawn.
- Aurora Skye – Skye evokes images of vast open spaces and endless possibilities, creating a sense of adventure when paired with the serene beauty of Aurora.
- Aurora Pearl – A nod towards its oceanic origins, Pearl works beautifully as middle name because, like Aurora, it has an ethereal quality.
- Aurora Lark – the bird lark symbolises new beginnings and fresh starts, making this combo perfect for your little one’s journey in life.
Beautiful middle names for Aurora
If you still need more ideas, take a look at the list below. This list includes timeless, classic and sweet middle name ideas for Aurora, with meanings too.
Aurora Faye – fairy-like brightness or loyal
Aurora Jade – precious gemstone, representing wisdom and prosperity
Aurora Elise – God’s promise
Aurora Isla – island paradise
Aurora Luna – Moon or goddess of the night
Aurora Scarlett – from the colour red, associated with courage or passion
Aurora Noelle- Christmas
Aurora Ember – spark or burning low
Aurora Haven – sanctuary
Aurora Skye – representing freedom and vastness of the sky
Aurora Eden – paradise
Aurora Faith – Faithfulness and trustworthiness
Aurora Joy – happiness
Aurora Hope – virtue name meaning faith
Aurora Rose – like the flower
Aurora Evangeline – bringer of good news
Aurora Magnolia – like the flower, or meaning excellence
Aurora Violet – another botanical name, like the delicate flower
Aurora Iris – in Greek mythology Iris was the Goddess of rainbows
Aurora Juniper – young or evergreen
Aurora Marigold – golden flower
Aurora Ocean – representing tranquillity, depth, and mystery
Aurora Sage – symbolizing wisdom, clarity and healing
Aurora Lily – a symbol for purity and beauty
Aurora Amelia – industrious
Aurora Carolyn – strong woman
Aurora Diana – divine. Diana was also a Roman Goddess of the moon, fertility and hunting
Aurora Eleanor – light-hearted or shining light
Aurora Genevieve – of the race of women, or white wave
Aurora Harmony – a beautiful name representing peace
Aurora Jasmine – sweet smelling flower
Aurora Kayla – the Gaelic meaning of Kayla is pure, or slim and fair
Aurora Louisa – this classic name has been popularised by Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. It also means famous warrior
Aurora Mae – meaning pearl, this name is also derived from the spring month of May
Aurora Adeline – meaning noble
Aurora Hazel – like the tree. Also means leader
Aurora Beatrice – bringing joy
Aurora Rosemary – dew of the sea, also a herb
Aurora Lillian – Lillian comes from the Latin word for lily which represents purity, innocence and beauty
Aurora Francesca – carefree spirit
Aurora Estelle – derived from Latin “stella” meaning star (you can find beautiful middle names for Stella here)
Aurora Blossom – flourishing flower
Aurora June – derived from the summer month of June, and also Juno the Roman Goddess of marriage and childbirth
Aurora Elspeth – chosen by God
Aurora Hester – Greek origin meaning star
Boy names that go with Aurora
What is a nickname for Aurora?
Here are some fun and creative nickname ideas for Aurora:
- Rory – a shortened version of Aurora that is cute and easy to remember.
- Aura – another shortened version of the name that emphasises the first syllable.
- Rora – a unique and playful nickname that’s perfect for someone with a bubbly personality.
- Dawn – this nickname plays on the Latin meaning behind the name Aurora.
- Starry – because Aurora Borealis, also known as Northern Lights, resembles a starry sky in many ways!
- Rosie – a sweet nickname inspired by the pinkish-purple hues of an Aurora Borealis display.
- Ora/Ori – short and simple nicknames that still capture the essence of Aurora’s name.
Names similar to Aurora
Aurora is a beautiful and unique name that has gained popularity in recent years. Meaning “dawn” it evokes feelings of new beginnings, hope and light. If you like the name Aurora but want to explore other options with similar sounds or meanings, here are some suggestions:
- Aurelia – this Latin name means “golden.” It shares the same “au” sound as Aurora and has a similar elegant feel.
- Coralie – this French name means “coral.” Like Aurora, it’s a nature-inspired name with a lovely sound.
- Eira – this Welsh name means “snow.” While it doesn’t have the same initial sound as Aurora, it has a soft and lyrical quality that might appeal to fans of the name.
- Liora – this Hebrew name means “my light.” It’s another option for parents who like names that evoke feelings of brightness and positivity.
- Orla – this Irish name means “golden princess.” It shares the same first two letters as Aurora and has a regal-sounding quality.
- Seren – this Welsh name means “star.” While it doesn’t have any of the same sounds as Aurora, it’s another nature-inspired choice with an ethereal feel.
- Sienna – inspired by the Italian city this name is pronounced see-EN-ah. It has a warm and romantic vibe that could appeal to those who love Aurora’s dreamy qualities.
- Zara – this Arabic name means “princess” which is perfect if you’re looking for a princess name but don’t want to use Disney’s choice of Aurora.
How to choose a middle name for Aurora
1. Make it unique
Why settle for boring and predictable when you can go bold and daring? Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and choose something that will make your little girl stand out from the crowd. Just remember to keep it classy and avoid anything too outrageous. Your little girl will grow up one day, so you don’t want to give her name she’ll be embarrassed about.
2. Honour family or cultural traditions
If you’re feeling sentimental, consider honouring family members or cultural traditions by incorporating their names into your little one’s middle name. Not only will it serve as a tribute to loved ones, but it also adds depth and meaning to your child’s name.
3. Keep it simple
Sometimes less is more, especially when it comes to middle names. Stick with classic names like Elizabeth, Grace or Rose that have stood the test of time and never go out of style.
4. Consider initials
Do you want your child’s initials to spell out something fun or meaningful? Think carefully before settling on that adorable first name-middle name combo – you don’t want your kid stuck with embarrassing initials like P.I.G.
5. Think ahead
Remember that this is a decision that will follow your child for life – from school forms to job applications – so choose wisely! Avoid trendy names that may fall out of fashion quickly or spellings that are difficult to pronounce.
So there you have it – some tips on choosing a baby girl’s middle name. Whether you decide to go bold or keep things simple, just remember that this is an opportunity for you to add another layer of personality and uniqueness to your precious bundle of joy’s identity – no pressure at all!
Middle names for Aurora: concluding thoughts
If you’re looking for a middle name that will make your little Aurora stand out even more, there are plenty of options to choose from. Whether you want something sweet and classic, like Rose, or a bit more daring, like Moonbeam, the choices are endless.
So go ahead and get creative with it! After all, what’s the point of having a super-cute first name if your middle name isn’t just as fabulous?
Let me know which is your favourite choice of middle name in the comments below!
Read these posts next or bookmark them for later:
- How to Keep Baby Cool in Summer
- What’s the Difference Between Pram and Stroller?
- Mamas and Papas Tour 3: What You Need To Know (Complete Review)
- 12 Best Toddler Strollers
- Cute Spring Printable To Do List: Free PDF
Join My Facebook Group
Come and join my Facebook group for mums to share our experiences of parenting. We chat about the highs, the lows and everything in-between of this little rollercoaster called motherhood. I like to think of it as a place for the school-run-mummy-chats, without the hassle of the school run.
Why not follow us on Instagram too.